In this ultimate guide, we’ll show you everything you need to know about how to create an abandoned basket email. So sit back and get comfortable! We’re about to demystify the fun and exciting world of earning benefits just by spending smart.
What is an abandoned basket email?
An abandoned basket email is an email that you send to your customers when they abandon their basket.
It’s a way of encouraging them to complete their purchase, and could also be used as a way of reminding them about products they may have added to their basket but not bought.
Why are abandoned basket emails so important?
As a retailer, you’ve already got a lot of information about your customers. This data can be used to make your emails more relevant and targeted—but it can also be used to make them more personal. By sending abandoned basket emails, you can remind your customers that they were interested in buying something but didn’t complete their purchase. You may even have some specific products or offers that are relevant to them.
By re-engaging with these customers through an abandoned basket email, you open up the opportunity for increased sales: once someone has left their shopping cart without checking out, they will often check out when presented with a follow-up offer or discount code for returning items to the cart.
How do I create an abandoned basket email that works?
Follow these steps and you’ll be on your way to creating a perfect abandoned basket email:-
- Personalise the email. Don’t just address your customers by name, but also make sure they know why they’re receiving this message.
- Include a call to action. Encourage them to complete their purchase by placing an item in their shopping cart or adding one of our products to their wish list or buying list.
- Have a compelling subject line that will catch people’s attention and get them excited about this abandoned basket email!
- Make it short and sweet: no rambling paragraphs here! Keep it simple so users can quickly scan the content of your abandoned basket email without getting bored or losing interest halfway through reading it.
- Use a clear and simple design: don’t distract with too much text! Keep things clean so readers can focus on what matters most—getting back into your store as quickly as possible after abandoning their basket last time around (hopefully).
What makes a great abandoned basket campaign?
The abandoned basket email is a great way to encourage customers who’ve left their shopping carts for whatever reason. In fact, according to Cart Wizard, 3% of shoppers abandon their carts every single day, which means you’re missing out on a lot of sales! But it’s not just about the sales—it’s also about making your customers feel valued and appreciated.
The abandoned basket email can be a powerful marketing tool for any ecommerce business. By taking the time to craft an email that is relevant, personalized and follows best practice, you’re sure to see an increase in your sales.